Polish Labour Lawyer
work from home or have a hybrid home / office arrangement
(subject to applicable Covid rules)
Full-time lawyer, preferably qualified in Poland for provision and oversight of employment/ labour law advice in our Eastern European and Baltics locations – this currently would primarily involve supporting Poland, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia and other regional jurisdictions as and when required. Some occasional travel may be required, mainly within Europe.
- Provide operational and strategic support to the regional HR teams, including general remedial advice and advice on specific projects.
- Oversee and provide support in relation to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with the HR team, the wider business and external counsel.
- Provide operational and strategic support to HR and executives in relation to works councils, employee representation and trade union matters.
- Stay abreast of legal developments relevant to the business and contribute to the development and provision of relevant training, internal guidelines, policies and knowledge dissemination.
- Manage ad hoc employment/labour law projects, advising HR and management as appropriate.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms including managing the budget.
- Act as legal advisor on employment issues to executives, including other members of the legal team.
- Make recommendations and escalate material employment law issues when appropriate.
- Provide operational and strategic support to our in-house commercial lawyers, HR teams and business teams on deals.
- Advise on and assist with the employment law aspects of any acquisitions, including post-acquisition integration.
- Advise on and assist in relation to any collective employment law rights and obligations.
- Report to Associate Director, Employment Law EMEA.
- Must be a fully qualified lawyer in Polish labour law, either admitted or willing to be admitted to a regional bar (to the extent permitted for in-house counsel) who has specialized in employment law for a significant portion of their career in Poland, Hungary or Romania.
- Approx. PQE 6+ years either obtained in another in-house role or reputable law firm. However, experience outside this range will also be considered if the person demonstrates the appropriate skills, experience and judgement.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without being “micro-managed”. Must be pragmatic with a “can-do” attitude and able to exercise sound judgement and common-sense.
- Ability to follow and apply policies and guidelines and support our ethics and compliance program.
- Fluent spoken and written English – must be able to read and draft documents / emails in business and legal English and be able to give verbal explanations in
- English where necessary. Ability to work closely with wide range of people (internally and externally) across the world, including frequent interaction with senior leadership
- Ability to build relationships and networks within an organization.
- Superior negotiation and litigation skills together with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence – strong executive presence
- Able to act as a strategic thinker and produce innovative solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Significant experience in full range of employment/ labour law matters, including (but not limited to):
- Collective employment rights
- Employment terms and conditions, employment rights and employee management (e.g. pay and benefits, variable compensation, working time, termination rights, performance management, redundancy procedure, re- organisations)
- Equality and diversity matters (including discrimination legislation and family rights)
- Grievances and disciplinary matters
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Outsourcing (including offshoring and near-shoring), Acquired Rights Directive, transactions / M&A.
- Significant experience advising management of large, international companies whether as in-house or external counsel.
- Experience in / knowledge of the IT industry.
- Proven presentational and training capabilities.
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization with irreproachable reputation.
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Professional development and clear career path.
- Training & development opportunities.
- Competitive salary with cafeteria benefits.
I. Udział w przygotowywaniu i składaniu ofert w postępowaniach przetargowych (głównie prowadzonych zgodnie z prawem zamówień publicznych), obejmujące: analizę treści dokumentacji postępowań, przygotowanie propozycji wniosków i zapytań...
PRACA KRAKÓW: NAJNOWSZE OFERTY PRACY
Company Overview At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s...
Lelomi poszukuje pracownika na stanowisko Doradca Klienta - Sprzedawca do nowo otwieranego sklepu z asortymentem (premium) dla dzieci i mam w Galerii Krakowskiej w Krakowie. Zakres obowiązków: prezentacja i doradztwo w zakresie oferowanej gamy...